Sunday, May 06, 2012

CQJP2012 April

For the Crazy Quilt Journal Project 2012 I made this journal page for the month of April. The picture was taken in 1959, on the picture you see my Grandmother Wilhelmina and me on a bench at the Lauwersgracht in Arnhem. I am named after her, she was the mother of my father. My grandmother loved flowers, shiny jewelery and pearls that is why I used them in this 6" block.On the CQJP website you can see webpages of the blocks made by the participants in the first 3 months -including me-, just click on Inspiration Photos and you see a lot of eye candy!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wilma, it's great idea to create such kind of block! Will it be a serie?
Hugs,
Masha

Tina said...

I love this peice, maybe especially so because of picture of you and your grand mother. You did a wonderful job.

Gina E. said...

Hello Wilma, I just left a comment on the CQJP blog, saying how cute your 'doggie' block is. I decided to come over and visit your own blog, and I am absolutely blown away by it. Your embroidery work is exquisite, as is your painting! We have these interests in common, but I am not as talented as you in either field! As well as our love of stitching and art, we share a common ailment - I also have arthritis in my hands, feet, neck, back and just recently diagnosed - my left knee. WAAAAGHH! I hate getting older (I'm 64), but there's nothing much we can do except grin and bear it :-(
I do specific exercises to keep my muscles in good condition, so they can support the weakened joints, and I use essential oils to rub into the joints to alleviate the pain, rather than rely on oral painkillers.
Enough waffle from me now!
Hugs from Gina in Australia.

Ulla said...

What a soft and beautiful page.Really fantastic.