Sunday, October 23, 2011

Can you imagine that in 2 months it is Christmas?
This week I made the decision to join some swaps to distract me from a lot of things happening in my life at this moment. Won't badder you with that... Today I have been making a block of 8 x 13 inch for a Christmas Crackerswap on Crazy Quilting International. After finishing the block you have to make a Christmas Cracker of it and fill it with fabrics, threads, motifs, little presents and a Christmas card. This evening I started with the embroidering.

Friday I have been to the institute for blind people with my mother. She would love to move to a home over there, but unluckely she has to wait for more then a year, there is a long waiting list. Now that she stills sees a little bit it would be much easier for her to get used to everything!

4 comments:

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

Bite your tongue Willa! It can't be just two months - EEEK!

Emmy said...

heel veel sterkte met je moeder mijn moeder woont nu ook in een verzorgings huis na een jaar wacht tijd voornamelijk omdat ze zo slecht ziet maar we zijn allemaal blij dat ze er nu woont
je kerst werkje ziet er mooi uit
fijne dag

Quayceetatter said...

Beautiful block and would love to have it!!! I am working on my cracker also.
Linda in NM

Arlene White said...

Lovely work Wilma, I got 50 peices of fabric for my birthday and over half were Xmas fabric's I think I might make one of these for my friend.

thanks for sharing, and I hope ever get's your cracker, has a cracking good time with it......

Arlene