Sunday, April 18, 2010

TAST 2010

I joined the Take A Stitch Tuesday challenge 2010 from Sharon Boggon, but after week 1 life got in the way again. I hope to make up week 2 - 4 in the coming time.
I found it very difficult to make the Diamond Stitch of week 1, had difficulties to get it even, combined the stitch with some Lazy daisies but the result was bad. This is definitely not my favorite stitch!
This afternoon I could sit in the sun in the garden and did the stitches for week 5,6 and 7.
Here you see the stitches of week 5 Knotted Buttonhole Stitch and week 7 Rope Stitch.
I will try some variations later this week.
Also I did the Buttonhole Eyelet Flower. I made the first circle of stitches a bit big, the red one has petals made of 15 wraps and around that petals made of 20 wraps. The pink one has more petals, they are all made with 15 wraps also. I will have to practice more on these stitches to get them even.

2 comments:

Doreen G said...

Great samples Wilma love the flower ones.

shirley said...

Wilma, love your blog, and your stitches are lovely..so neat