Friday, November 21, 2008











A NEW PROJECT!

Today I want to show you some pictures of a new project I am working on.
Maybe you have noticed the last months that I have been collecting a lot of fabrics, beads, trims, threads etc.

I want to make these diamonds in different colors from light to darker and keep them all in tone to tone fabrics.
The difficulty is that for one diamond as shown on the picture you need 30-35 different pieces of fabrics in one color, so this project will take a lot of time to finish.........

One diamond measures 3 by 5 inch and as you see, each big diamond is made of 9 little diamonds. I am still adding beads etc. to this diamondblock.












Close-up


I have now stitched 9 little diamonds in purple and plan to do a yellow/orange and a light to dark green one after this, but still have to collect some more fabrics. I have enough dark colors, but the light ones are always a problem......

4 comments:

Ati said...

It will become beautiful Wilma! But purple and orange ????
If you need pieces of light fabric, just drop an e-mail :)

Maddie Can Fly said...

Gorgeous Wilma! I love the colors in this one. What a fun project. Can't wait to see more of it.

Diane said...

I love what you have done so far, I see ideas that I've not seen before. Can I help with the light green fabric? I know I have quite a few shades on the light side.

Anonymous said...

Ooooooooooooooooh, I love you diamonds, and what a beautiful colour! See you on fibre fever or on my blog: www.miekenoor.web-log.nl