Sunday, June 18, 2006

In february I decided to join a Crazy Block Round Robin. To get to know more about Crazy Quilting I joined a Yahoogroup called CQForNewbies and stepped into a whole new world.
Everyone was talking about BE, tatting, naked blocks, SRE, baggies and squishies, I had to learn a lot!
Now a few months later I just love to do Crazy Quilting, it is so much more creative than the sane quilting I did the last 15 years! My whole life has changed..............LOL, everywhere I am on the lookout for laces, buttons, trims, all kinds of threads, fancy fabrics etc. A bit difficult to find here in the Netherlands but luckely there is the Internet.
Some weeks ago I also made a trip to Canada and visited the Waterloo Quilt Festival, will show you some pictures next time, and during this trip my friends drove me to shops like Joanns and Mary Maxim in the USA. Here I have bought lots of beads and wonderful EdMar threads.

For the CBRR I have to embellish one block a month and sew one and then send it to the next participant. The theme I choose is Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue. In a next post I´ll tell you more about it. Here some pictures of blocks I have embellished the last months, the themes are Night and day, Underwater, Summer and Grandmothers linencupboard.

1 comment:

Maureen said...

Wilma
I saw your comments on CQfornewbies and had to come visit.
CQ,and Blogging becomes very addictive,and you're off to a good start :-)
I've been CQing for 20 years and love the fact you can do your own creative thing,not bound by Rules and Quilt Police.
Best wishes,
Maureen in Queensland